The Western Manitoba Regional Library (WMRL) has a staff of 30 individuals in its six branches. Positions include Director of Library Services, Programming and Outreach Librarian, Technical Services Librarian, Administrative Assistant, Branch Supervisor, Library Clerk and Student Assistant. When we are looking for individuals to join our staff, vacant positions will be posted here and they may also be advertised in external print and online resources.
The Western Manitoba Regional Library is seeking an individual to fill the role of Casual Library Assistant at the Neepawa Public Library. This is a non-unionized position with no set or regular hours. Casual employees are called in to fill shifts on an as-needed basis.
The successful candidate will perform customer service and patron registration functions, as well as assisting with displays, programs, or other duties as required. The ideal candidate will be friendly, versatile, and have strong communication skills, as well as a flexible schedule.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, including contact information for three (3) references, to Branch Supervisor Debbie Unger at email@example.com . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Western Manitoba Regional Library is seeking an organized, friendly, and creative person to join our staff in the capacity of Library Clerk at the Shoppers Mall location of the Brandon Public Library. Regular hours are posted below, but the opportunity to cover available shifts may occur.
Term Position: Part-time Library Clerk
Location: Shoppers Mall location, Brandon Public Library
Hours: First Saturday of the month 9:30am – 6:00pm
Compensation: As per Collective Agreement – $14.19 hourly
Start Date: As soon as successful candidate is available
Application process: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Paige Bender, Shoppers Mall Branch Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 am on Wednesday, November 30th.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Code: Part time, flexible schedule, approximately 15 hours per week, one year contract
Located: Brandon Downtown Library, remote
Reports to: Director of Library Services
Employee Group: Out of scope
Salary: $20.00 /hour
Reporting to the Director of Library Services and working closely with the Manager of Programming and Community Services, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is creative, thoughtful, and up to date on emerging trends. This role will provide support and expertise in public and community relations, manage social media platforms, and oversee our marketing initiatives. Based out of the Downtown Brandon Library, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will work with all Branch Supervisors across the region to create a cohesive marketing plan that raises awareness of the WMRL in the communities we serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop a marketing and communications plan that aligns with the current WMRL Strategic Plan
· Create a set of guidelines for our social media platform usage: graphics standards, posting schedule, and best practices
· Work with staff advising on promotional campaigns and communicating marketing initiatives
· Design, create and edit promotional and marketing resources/materials: print and digital content
· Manage regular and engaging content across all social media platforms for the WMRL
· Take photos and videos for promotional content
· Assist with writing content that promotes library programs and services
· Assist with managing content on the WMRL website
· Stay up to date on new trends in the marketing and communication field
· Make recommendations and oversee the implementation of any new initiatives that would align well with the WMRL’s mission
· Other duties as required
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Training or experience in marketing and communications would be considered an asset: current students are encouraged to apply
· Comfortable learning various eResources platforms and attending library programming
· Excellent understanding of social media
· Experience with photography, cinematography, and writing
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Organization and time management skills are an asset
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, depending on the situation
APPLICATIONS CAN BE EMAILED TO: email@example.com