Membership & Borrowing
Library Membership Cards
Get a Library Card
- Library cards are available to individuals who reside within the physical boundaries of the City of Brandon, the Towns of Carberry and Neepawa, the Rural Muncipality of North Cypress-Langford, the Municipality of Glenboro South Cypress, and the Municipality of Grassland at no additional cost as Library service is included in your property taxes.
- To register for a Library Card, you must visit the Library in person and present one piece of government issued identification that notes your current residential address, or a piece of mail addressed to you at your current residential address within the last 30 days (utility bill, bank statement, property tax notice) along with supporting personal identification.
- Parents or guardians of children up to age 12 years must sign their children’s library membership applications.
Individuals who reside outside of the service area of the WMRL must pay a membership fee:
- Three (3) month membership is $20.00/household
- Twelve (12) month membership is $70.00/household
- Non-Resident Taxpayer memberships are $17.50/individual. This type of membership requires proof of payment of property taxes to one of the member communities of the WMRL.
Cards for Groups or Classes
- Are for use by schools – daycares – nursing homes
- Institutions located within the boundaries of the WMRL can register at no cost; institutions located outside of the boundaries of the WMRL can register for an annual fee of $70.00.
- Registration must be completed by the designated liaison of the organization. This individual assumes responsibility for use of the card and for payment of overdue fines and/or the cost of lost or damaged items.
- A library card will be issued for an institution upon the completion of an application form and the provision of written proof of the designated liaison’s membership and authority within the institution/organization.
Use your Library Card
- If you plan to visit a library with a group and wish to apply for individual library cards, please contact the branch you will be visiting. Be sure to allow for adequate time for cards to be processed, either in advance of your visit or while at the library.
Your library card provides access to a wide range of services from within the library or through the library website. WMRL offers a variety of materials and collections you can borrow, including:
- eResources including books, magazines, music and movies
Your Western Manitoba Regional Library card can be used at any branch of the library system.