Due to increased health concerns surrounding COVID-19, the WMRL has made the very difficult decision to close all library branches beginning Tuesday, March 17. Our plan (subject to revision on a daily basis as events develop) is to reopen on April 14, in alignment with the public schools. We have reached this closure decision because it is challenging to a keep public library fully sanitized under pandemic conditions, and we do not wish to violate health authority recommendations by promoting congregating. During our closure period, library staff will be performing a deep clean of all library facilities.
The WMRL’s online resources
will be available throughout our closure. These resources include:
– TumbleBooks Collection (Kids’ ebooks, audiobooks & math; Teen Book Cloud; Romance Books and Audiobook Cloud) All free and no library card required – added March 19
– eLibraries Manitoba (books and audiobooks)
– Hoopla (books, audiobooks, movies and music)
– Flipster (magazines), and
– Kanopy (movies), among others.
Please do not return any library materials during our closure. All due dates will be adjusted so that materials are not due back until after the library reopens.